September 25, 2022
This morning, we heard a loud squeal as we prepared to run errands and wash the truck. So before anything else we played a little merry go car ’round and pulled into the garage. Adjusting the a/c belt is relatively quick an simple, taking only two sockets but not excluding a little patience.
- 12 mm socket
- 17 mm socket
- Socket wrench
Below is a diagram showing all three belts for the 1995 D21 0 KA24E engine.
In order to make an adjustment to the belt tension, you will need to do the following:
- Turn off engine.
- Apply emergency brakes.
- Pop hood and notate position of the a/c belt.
- Loosen idler wheel tensioner enough to loosen by hand with a 17 mm socket.
- Check tension on belt.
- Using a 12 mm socket, turn the adjuster bolt until belt tension is acceptable.
- Tighten not on idler wheel tensioner and snug it enough so it will not come loose when driving. Yet, do not over tighten.
- Remove tools and test your air conditioner. Repeat steps if necessary.